- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Early Summer Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers June 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
ANEMONE hupehensis 'September Charm'
Japanese anemone, Japanese windflower
Free-flowering pale pink
Buy ANEMONE hupehensis 'September Charm'
- Good to know - attractive to insects.
- Pests & Diseases - caterpillars, slugs, leaf elworms, leaf spot, powdery mildew, anemone smut.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.2 - 1.5m (4-5ft)
- Spread - in metres - indefinite
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - vigorous, erect, woody-based perennial with suckering shoots. 3-palmate, toothed, mid-green leaves. Basal leaves are 10-20cm (4-8in) long. Stem leaves are 5-12cm (2-5in) long. Flowers 9cm (3½in) across.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus rich. Mulch in spring and autumn in cold areas.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Flower Shape -
Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought ANEMONE hupehensis 'September Charm' also bought these...