News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy ANEMONE hupehensis 'September Charm'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought ANEMONE hupehensis 'September Charm' also bought these...
ANEMONE hupehensis 'September Charm'
Japanese anemone, Japanese windflower
Free-flowering pale pink
- Good to know - attractive to insects.
- Pests & Diseases - caterpillars, slugs, leaf elworms, leaf spot, powdery mildew, anemone smut.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.2 - 1.5m (4-5ft)
- Spread - in metres - indefinite
- Herbaceous - vigorous, erect, woody-based perennial with suckering shoots. 3-palmate, toothed, mid-green leaves. Basal leaves are 10-20cm (4-8in) long. Stem leaves are 5-12cm (2-5in) long. Flowers 9cm (3½in) across.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus rich. Mulch in spring and autumn in cold areas.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
- Flower Shape - Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals