- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Autumn Sale 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers September 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - M. acuminata x M. denudata
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, New York, USA.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly conical
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Yellow - barium yellow
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped - to 20cm (8in) wide.
Barium yellow flowers before the leaves emerge in mid to late spring
Effective control of slugs and snails
(800g - Free c&p) £6.50
Empathy Ericoid mycorrhizal fungi
(200g sachet - free c&p) £7.50
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
(1 ltr - free c&p) £7.50
Pack of 5 Tree Guards - protection from vermin and strimming.
(Pack of 5 guards) £5.00
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
CAMELLIA 'China Doll'
Available from £9.50
CAMELLIA 'Nuccio's Pink Lace'
Available from £9.50
Mexican orange blossom
Available from £11.00
CISTUS x purpureus 'Alan Fradd'
Available from £12.50