News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
Final Tree Size
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird' also bought these...
MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
Introduced at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens in 1967 as a hybrid between M. acuminata and M. x brooklynensis. Flowers are yellow with a slight greenish tinge
- Good to know - M. xbrooklynensis 'Eva Maria' x M. acuminata
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Height Integer - 10
- Tree - upright-growing, pyramidal habit.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - yellow with green tinge
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped - six erect tepals 7.5-10cm ( 3-4in) long.