- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
Introduced at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens in 1967 as a hybrid between M. acuminata and M. x brooklynensis. Flowers are yellow with a slight greenish tinge
Buy MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
- Good to know - M. xbrooklynensis 'Eva Maria' x M. acuminata
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 10m (30ft)
- Tree - upright-growing, pyramidal habit.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - yellow with green tinge
Flower Shape -
Cup-shaped - six erect tepals 7.5-10cm ( 3-4in) long.
Final Tree Size
Effective control of slugs and snails
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird' also bought these...