- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers March 2017
- March Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
MAGNOLIA x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
Introduced at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens in 1967 as a hybrid between M. acuminata and M. x brooklynensis. Flowers are yellow with a slight greenish tinge
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - M. xbrooklynensis 'Eva Maria' x M. acuminata
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - 10m (33ft)
- Spread - 10m (33ft)
- Tree - upright-growing, pyramidal habit.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil
- Broadly conical
- Flower Colour - Yellow - yellow with green tinge
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped - six erect tepals 7.5-10cm ( 3-4in) long.
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
MAGNOLIA 'Wada's Memory'
Available from £17.50
AZALEA - DECIDUOUS 'Gibraltar'
Available from £14.50
MAGNOLIA campbellii 'Princess Margaret'
Available from £55.00
ACER palmatum 'Beni-schichihenge'
Available from £75.00