News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Yellow Lantern'
Final Tree Size
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
MAGNOLIA 'Yellow Lantern'
(M. acuminata subcordata x M. soulangeana 'Alexandrina') - fastigiate small tree with precocious tall tulip-shaped pale lemon flowers and abundant seedheads
- Good to know - M. acuminata subsp. cordata 'Trade Form' x M. xsoulangeana 'Alexandrina'
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - USA. 1985. Phil Savage, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 5m (15ft)
- Height Integer - 5
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil
- Neutral to acid soil - humus-rich.
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Yellow - pale lemon
- Flower Shape - Goblet-shaped - narrow