- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Early Summer Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Save £3.50 when buying one Eucryphia Gilt Edge inc C&P
- Save £2.50 when buying one Hoheria Stardust inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one CHITALPA tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn', inc C&P
- Save £3.00 when buying one Maackia amurensis inc C&P
- Save £4.50 when buying one Crinodendron patagua inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one Clethra alnifolia inc C&P
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
MAGNOLIA 'Yellow Lantern'
(M. acuminata subcordata x M. soulangeana 'Alexandrina') - fastigiate small tree with precocious tall tulip-shaped pale lemon flowers and abundant seedheads
Buy MAGNOLIA 'Yellow Lantern'
- Good to know - M. acuminata subsp. cordata 'Trade Form' x M. xsoulangeana 'Alexandrina'
- Pests & Diseases - scale insects, honey fungus, coral spot.
- Place of Origin - USA. 1985. Phil Savage, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 5m (15ft)
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil
- Neutral to acid soil - humus-rich.
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Yellow - pale lemon
Flower Shape -
Goblet-shaped - narrow
Final Tree Size
Effective control of slugs and snails
Empathy Ericoid mycorrhizal fungi
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
Pack of 5 Tree Guards - protection from vermin and strimming.
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought MAGNOLIA 'Yellow Lantern' also bought these...