- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- May 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Genus of about 175 species of mat- or clump-forming annuals and perennials from a wide range of well-drained, sunny habitats from Europe to northern Africa, Turkey, The Caucasus and Iran. They have filigree, aromatic leaves and daisy-like flowers with yellow disc-florets. Commonly referred to as chamomile, as are a range of daisy-like plants.
Good to know - good for a rock garden. Flower from late spring to late summer.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, aphids, powdery mildew.
Place of Origin - Europe, northern Africa, Iran, Turkey.
Alpine or Rock Plant - These plants prefer well drained soil and are generally dwarf in habit. - mat- or clump-forming annuals and perennials.
Scented foliage - aromatic leaves.
well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.