- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers December 2017
- Winter Sale - 20% off
- 50% off Winter Clearance
- All offers and promotions
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose' for £25.00 inc gift wrap and c&p Saving £5.00
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess' gift wrapped and delivered for £33.50 saving £6.00
- Sarcococca 'Purple Stem' - 1 for £28.50 saving £5.00, inc gift wrap and c&p
- Abeliophyllum distichum - 1 for £28.50, gift wrap & c&p included, SAVE £6.00
- Mahonia x media Winter Sun - 1 for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, saving £5.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - 1 large plant for £43.50, gift wrap, c&p included, a saving of £6.00
- Seeds - Save £3.00 when you buy 3 packs
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Genus of about 175 species of mat- or clump-forming annuals and perennials from a wide range of well-drained, sunny habitats from Europe to northern Africa, Turkey, The Caucasus and Iran. They have filigree, aromatic leaves and daisy-like flowers with yellow disc-florets. Commonly referred to as chamomile, as are a range of daisy-like plants.
Good to know - good for a rock garden. Flower from late spring to late summer.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, aphids, powdery mildew.
Place of Origin - Europe, northern Africa, Iran, Turkey.
Alpine or Rock Plant - These plants prefer well drained soil and are generally dwarf in habit. - mat- or clump-forming annuals and perennials.
Scented foliage - aromatic leaves.
well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.