News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy MAHONIA japonica
Other Suggested Plants
Yellow flowers, sweet scented like Lily of the Valley, good autumn colour
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - China.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Spread - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Evergreen - pinnate, dark-green leaves to 45cm (18in) long with up to 19 sharply-toothed oval to lance-shaped leaflets.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - erect shrub with stout, upright branches. Flowers are produced in arching, then spreading, clusters to 25cm (10in) long followed by blue-black berries.
- Full Shade
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers - similar to lily of the valley
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - moderately fertile, humus rich
- Flower Colour - Yellow
Bluish green leaves spotted yellow and white at the base. Very fragrant light yellow flowers