- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers March 2017
- March Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Apple, Crab apple.
Dark reddish flowers and bronzy purple leaves. Dark purple fruit
Information - click to hide
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, red spider mite, caterpillars, apple-scab, honey fungus, canker, mildew
- Place of Origin - hybrid from USA, raised in the 1930's.
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - 10m (30ft)
- Spread - 10m (30ft)
- Deciduous - elliptic leaves to 8cm (3in) long, purple-red when young.
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - reddish-purple, cherry-like fruit.
- Zero Rated Item - No VAT on this plant
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade - tolerated but full sun preferred.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - moderately fertile preferred.
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - dark purple-pink flowers.
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £14.50
Chinese witch hazel
Available from £20.00
LAVANDULA angustifolia 'Hidcote'
Available from £6.50
Available from £17.50