- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Culinary apple, Dessert apple.
Cultivated apples, Malus domestica are the descendants of M. sieversii which still flourishes whence it originates in the mountains of Kazakhstan. Cherished through millenia, and the source of countless myths, it is the most versatile of all tree fruits.
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - good wildlife plant. Insects (pollination). Birds. Ornamental Malus (crabapples) can act as pollinators if in flower at the same time.
- Medicinal Properties - claimed to be many and varied, from improving endurance in athletes to prevention of prostate problems.
- Pests & Diseases - conscientious management required for lasting results. Aphids, weevils, sawfly, codling moth, winter moth, mildew, canker, scab, bitter pit, brown rot.
- Place of Origin - from Malus sieversii (central Asia) and, possibly. Malus sylvestris (Europe).
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit
- Zero Rated Item - No VAT on this plant