- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
APPLE 'Bramley's Seedling'
Culinary apple, Dessert apple
Cooks and keeps well
Buy APPLE 'Bramley's Seedling'
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - requires 2 others of this apple selection for pollination. Can produce very large fruits.Excellent wildlife plant - bees and other insects.
- Place of Origin - garden in Southwell, Notts. Planted as a pip by young Mary Ann Brailsford in 1809. Cottage purchased by Matthew Bramley in 1846.
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height and Spread - 3.6m-5.6m (12ft-18ft)
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - culinary. Partial tip-bearer. Produces fruit on spurs along branch and at tip. Pick Oct-Nov for use Oct-Jan.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Rounded to broadly spreading
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought APPLE 'Bramley's Seedling' also bought these...