- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
APPLE 'Granny Smith'
Culinary apple, Dessert apple
A green apple with russet spots and a hard, crisp texture
Buy APPLE 'Granny Smith'
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - good for salads as does not brown as quickly as most. Heavy cropper. Wildlife plant - bees and other insects.
- Pests & Diseases - mildew.
- Place of Origin - Australia 1868. (Granny Ramsey Smith). Into UK about 1935.
- Hardy - very cold Winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height and Spread - MM 106 semi-dwarfing rootstock. 3.6m-5.6m (12ft-18ft).
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - dual purpose. Spur-bearer. Produces fruit on spurs along branch. Pick mid-October for use January to April.
- Full Sun
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Flower Colour -
White - white blossom, blushed pink, from reddish buds.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought APPLE 'Granny Smith' also bought these...