News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy APPLE 'James Grieve'
Other Suggested Plants
APPLE 'James Grieve'
Culinary apple, Dessert apple
Pale yellow and crimson dessert apple
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - heavy, regular cropper. Poor keeping quality as fruits are easily damaged. Wildlife plant - bees and other insects.
- Pests & Diseases - canker, scab. (in more humid areas). Resistant to mildew.
- Place of Origin - Scotland pre. 1893. J. Grieve, Edinburgh.
- Hardy - very cold Winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height and Spread - MM 106 semi-dwarfing rootstock. 3.6m-5.6m (12ft-18ft).
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - dessert (can be used for cooking in July). Spur-bearer. Produces fruit on spurs along branch. Pick early September for use September to October.
- Full Sun
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Flower Colour - White - white blossom, blushed deep pink.