News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy APPLE 'Worcester Pearmain'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
APPLE 'Worcester Pearmain'
Culinary apple, Dessert apple
Dessert variety, best eaten off the tree in September
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - good for juice. Flavour gently reminiscent of strawberries. Wildlife plant - bees and other insects. MM 106 semi-dwarfing rootstock.
- Pests & Diseases - scab.
- Place of Origin - UK. 1873. Worcs.
- Hardy - very cold Winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 3.6m-5.6m (12ft-18ft)
- Height Integer - 4
- Spread - in metres - 3.6m-5.6m (12ft-18ft)
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - partial tip-bearer. produces fruit on spurs along branch and at tip. Pick early- to mid-September.
- Full Sun
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Flower Colour - White - white blossom, blushed pink.