Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- February 2018
- February Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess' gift wrapped and delivered for £33.50 saving £6.00
- Chaenomeles 'Pink Lady' - Save £4.50 inc gift wrap and c&p
- Mahonia Soft Caress – Save £4 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Daphne 'Pink Fragrance' - Save £5.00 inc gift wrap and c&p
- Azalea 'Mother's Day' - Save £4.00 inc gift wrap and c&p
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Valentine Gifts
- Mother's Day
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
Commonly known as Catmint, Catnip
(mussinii) - dwarf catmint, lilac-blue flowers
Good to know - syn. N x faassenii. Attractive to insects.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, and possibly powdery mildew in hot summers.
Place of Origin - Caucasus,Turkey, northern Iran.
Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Height - 30cm (12in)
Spread - 45cm (18in)
Evergreen - finely hairy, mid-green leaves 1-3cm (½ to 1¼in) long with heart-shaped bases.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - spreading to upright perennial.
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Herbaceous Plants - Video Collection
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
Harrod Horticulture Plant Supports - Plant & Border Supports
Curved border restraints
The border restraints are made from sturdy, solid 6mm galvanised steel wire and powder coated dark olive green, available in a variety of sizes providing strong plant support to stop plants falling across lawns and paths
4 options from £14.50
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.