- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers January 2017
- January Sale
- Valentine's Offers
- All offers and promotions
- Calycanthus Venus - Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £6 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Mahonia Soft Caress – Save £4 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Magnolia 'Sweetheart' - Save £11 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Magnolia 'Sweet Valentine' - Save £11 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
NEPETA 'Six Hills Giant'
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - attractive to insects.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, and possibly powdery mildew in hot summers.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. UK. 1935. C. Elliott, Six Hills Nursery, Herts.
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - 90cm (36in)
- Spread - 60cm (24in)
- Evergreen - narrowly oval, toothed, grey-green leaves to 4cm (1½in) long.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - vigorous, clump- forming perennial. Produces abundant spikes of flowers 2cm (¾in) long.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Scented foliage
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Other Suggested Plants
PITTOSPORUM tenuifolium 'Tom Thumb'
Parchment bark, Kohuhu
Available from £13.00
NEPETA faassenii 'Snowflake'
Available from £8.50
ANEMONE x hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'
Japanese anemone, Japanese windflower
Available from £10.00
Available from £14.50