News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy OENOTHERA macrocarpa
Other Suggested Plants
(missouriensis) - yellow flowers remaining open in daytime
- Good to know - wildlife plant - insects, moths.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, and occasionally leaf spot and mildew
- Place of Origin - southern Central America.
- Hardy - very cold Winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - in metres - 15cm (6in)
- Spread - in metres - 50cm (20in)
- Herbaceous - vigorous perennial with trailing, red-tinged stems. Lance-shaped to oval, toothed mid-green leaves 2-8cm (¾ in to 3in) long with white midribs. Produces a long succession of solitary flowers to 12cm (5in) across.
- Full Sun
- well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped