- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers December 2017
- Winter Sale - 20% off
- 50% off Winter Clearance
- All offers and promotions
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose' for £25.00 inc gift wrap and c&p Saving £5.00
- Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess' gift wrapped and delivered for £33.50 saving £6.00
- Sarcococca 'Purple Stem' - 1 for £28.50 saving £5.00, inc gift wrap and c&p
- Mahonia x media Winter Sun - 1 for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, saving £5.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - 1 large plant for £43.50, gift wrap, c&p included, a saving of £6.00
- Abeliophyllum distichum - 1 for £28.50, gift wrap & c&p included, SAVE £6.00
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Seeds - Save £3.00 when you buy 3 packs
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as Angelica tree
Genus of about 40 species of deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs and rhizomatous perennials. They originate in southern and eastern Asia, Malaysia, and North, Central and South America. Trees and shrubs are vigorous growers and are suitable for shady areas in large gardens, adding an exotic look. Young shoots feature in Asian cuisine and the black berries are favoured by birds which could result in the species becoming invasive. Bees and flies are also attracted to the flowers.
Good to know - good for shady borders and woodland.
Pests & Diseases - aphids
Place of Origin - southern and eastern Asia, Malayasia, North, Central and South America.
Deciduous - and evergreen shrubs, trees, rhizomatous perennials
Partial Shade - open or partially shaded site. Shelter from winds which damage leaves.
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus rich.