News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy PAEONIA lutea var. ludlowii
Other Suggested Plants
PAEONIA lutea var. ludlowii
Single yellow tree paeony
- Pests & Diseases - eelworms, viruses, peony grey mould blight (peony wilt). honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - southeastern Tibet.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 2.5m (8ft)
- Deciduous - bright-green leaves each with 9 leaflets, deeply cut into pointed lobes.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - vigorous, upright, sparsely branched shrub.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich. Shelter from cold, drying winds.
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- Flower Shape - Cup-shaped - to 12cm (5in) across.