- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
PARTHENOCISSUS tricuspidata 'Green Spring'
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - also listed as Green Showers.
- Place of Origin - China, Korea, Japan.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 20m (70ft)
- Spread - in metres - 6m (20ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - vigorous, woody climber.
- Deciduous - variable, deeply-toothed, bright-green leaves to 25cm (10in) long, long turning brilliant red to purple in autumn. Blue berries.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these. - berries can cause mild stomach upset.
A very vigorous form of the Boston ivy with broad leaves which densely cover walls to which the stems are self clinging
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £13.50
CHAENOMELES speciosa 'Geisha Girl'
Flowering quince, Japanese quince
Available from £14.50
EUONYMUS fortunei 'Emerald 'n' Gold'
Available from £11.00
HEDERA helix 'Goldheart'
Common ivy, English ivy
Available from £12.50