News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy PEARS 'Conference'
Other Suggested Plants
Dessert pear, Pyrus communis subsp. communis
Large rusty greenish-yellow dessert pear, self pollinating
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - self fertile but crops more prolifically with a pollinator. RHS pollination group 3. Harvest September.
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, caterpillars, brown rot, powdery mildew, scab, fireblight, honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - garden variety. named after the Pear Congress or Conference of 1885.
- Hardy - very cold Winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - pale yellow flesh with slight pink tinge. Very juicy and sweet.
- Zero Rated Item - No VAT on this plant
- Full Sun
- Fertile moist well-drained soil