- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
Dessert pear, Pyrus communis subsp. communis
Large rusty greenish-yellow dessert pear, self pollinating
Buy PEARS 'Conference'
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - self fertile but crops more prolifically with a pollinator. RHS pollination group 3. Harvest September.
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, caterpillars, brown rot, powdery mildew, scab, fireblight, honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - garden variety. named after the Pear Congress or Conference of 1885.
- Hardy - very cold Winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - pale yellow flesh with slight pink tinge. Very juicy and sweet.
- Zero Rated Item - No VAT on this plant
- Full Sun
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought PEARS 'Conference' also bought these...