Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers November 2017
- Winter Sale - 20% off
- 50% off Winter Clearance
- All offers and promotions
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Sarcococca 'Purple Stem' - 1 for £28.50 saving £5.00, inc gift wrap and c&p
- Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Mahonia x media Winter Sun - 1 for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, saving £5.00
- Abeliophyllum distichum - 1 for £28.50, gift wrap & c&p included, SAVE £6.00
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess' gift wrapped and delivered for £33.50 saving £6.00
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose' for £25.00 inc gift wrap and c&p Saving £5.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - 1 large plant for £43.50, gift wrap, c&p included, a saving of £6.00
- Seeds - Save £3.00 when you buy 3 packs
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
PEROVSKIA atriplicifolia 'Blue Spire'
Commonly known as Russian sage
Dainty grey foliage, tall blue flowering spikes
PEROVSKIA atriplicifolia 'Blue Spire' is also available as part of our 'The Blue Border' offer.
29 plants for £289.50 - saving you £29.50
Good to know - for best impact plant in small groups. Wildlife plant - insects.
Pests & Diseases - none
Place of Origin - garden origin.
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Height - 1.2m (4ft)
Spread - 1m (3ft)
Deciduous - lance-shaped, coarsely-toothed, lobed leaves 5-6cm (2-2½in) long.
Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - clump-forming perennial. Produces flowers in narrow spikes to 30cm (12in) or more.
Scented foliage - aromatic when crushed. Scents of sage and lavender.
well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil - they will also survive in coastal, chalky and dry positions