- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2017
- Chelsea 2017 Pollinators Sale
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
PEROVSKIA atriplicifolia 'Blue Spire'
Commonly known as: Russian sage.
Dainty grey foliage, tall blue flowering spikes
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - for best impact plant in small groups. Wildlife plant - insects.
- Pests & Diseases - none
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - 1.2m (4ft)
- Spread - 1m (3ft)
- Deciduous - lance-shaped, coarsely-toothed, lobed leaves 5-6cm (2-2½in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - clump-forming perennial. Produces flowers in narrow spikes to 30cm (12in) or more.
- Full Sun
- Scented foliage - aromatic when crushed. Scents of sage and lavender.
- well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil - they will also survive in coastal, chalky and dry positions
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
LAVANDULA angustifolia 'Hidcote'
Available from £6.50
Available from £5.00
Available from £9.50
Golden oats, Giant feather grass
Available from £11.00