- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Marguerite, Paris daisy.
Genus of 24 species of spreading to erect daisy-like flowering subshrubs from the Canaries and adjacent regions (Macaronesia) often referred to as chyrsanthemums and marguerites. Can flower almost continuously in the warmer months.
- Good to know - excellent for beds, borders in frost-free areas, or summer bedding or in pots in frost-prone areas. Most species will tolerate sea winds. Single varieties good for wildlife (butterflies).
- Pests & Diseases - none
- Place of Origin - Canary Islands, Madeira.
- Evergreen - subshrubs. Daisy-like single or double flowers.
- Full Sun
- well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil