- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Bear's breeches.
Genus of 25 species from dry, rocky sites mostly in the Mediterranean. They have an architectural quality and are good for cutting and drying. Representation of the leaves is found in Corinthian ornamentation, usually on columns.
- Good to know - vigorous, architectural plants with striking foliage and flowers. Good for cutting and drying.
- Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew.
- Place of Origin - Mediterranean
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- No Preference