- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- May 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Jacob's rod
Genus of up to 16 species of biennials and perennials from rocky meadows and slopes from the Mediterranean and Turkey to the Caucasus.
Good to know - grown for its slender spires of star-shaped flowers in yellow or white.
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, aphids.
Place of Origin - Mediterranean, Turkey to the Caucasus.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Full Sun - mulch in autumn in colder areas.
Free draining sandy soil - deep, loamy soil preferred.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video