- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
RHODODENDRON 'Anna Rose Whitney'
Very large bright deep pink
Buy RHODODENDRON 'Anna Rose Whitney'
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevils, scale insects, honey fungus, powdery mildew, bud blast.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. USA. 1954. WE Whitney, Washington.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 4m (12ft)
- Evergreen - leaves 15-45cm (6-18in) long.
- Tall Shrub - loose, rounded trusses of widely funnel-shaped flowers 6-10cm (2½-4in) across.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5
Flower Colour -
Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - solid deep bright pink
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
(1 ltr - free c&p) £7.50
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought RHODODENDRON 'Anna Rose Whitney' also bought these...