News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy RHODODENDRON 'Bergie Larson'
Other Suggested Plants
RHODODENDRON 'Bergie Larson'
Red buds open to orange flowers with light red spots
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevils, scale insects, honey fungus, powdery mildew, bud blast.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. USA. 1959. HC Larson, Tacoma, Washington.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5
- Flower Colour - Orange - red buds opening to orange