- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2017
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Sorry, but the plant you were looking for isn't available this year. Please try these alternatives.
Scented Rhododendrons suitable for conservatory or cool greenhouse are marked with an asterisk.
Information - click to hide
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevils, scale insects, honey fungus, powdery mildew, bud blast.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. USA. 1959. HC Larson, Tacoma, Washington.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - 1m (3ft)
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5
- Flower Colour - Orange - red buds opening to orange