News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy ASTELIA nervosa 'Westland'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought ASTELIA nervosa 'Westland' also bought these...
ASTELIA nervosa 'Westland'
Silvery bronze arching leaves that turn red in colder conditions. Frost hardy but prefers damp areas
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - New Zealand
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height and Spread - 1.2m (4ft)
- Evergreen - clump- forming perennial. Arching, silvery, sword-like leaves, usually 60cm (24in) long, but sometimes much longer, taking on a red tint in cold weather.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - peaty soil.