- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
ASTELIA nervosa 'Westland'
Silvery bronze arching leaves that turn red in colder conditions. Frost hardy but prefers damp areas
Buy ASTELIA nervosa 'Westland'
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - New Zealand
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height and Spread - 1.2m (4ft)
- Evergreen - clump- forming perennial. Arching, silvery, sword-like leaves, usually 60cm (24in) long, but sometimes much longer, taking on a red tint in cold weather.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - peaty soil.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought ASTELIA nervosa 'Westland' also bought these...