- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
RHODODENDRON 'Purple Splendour'
Rich purplish-blue flowers, very hardy
Buy RHODODENDRON 'Purple Splendour'
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevils, scale insects, honey fungus, powdery mildew, bud blast.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. UK. 1958. H. Waterer, Knaphill, Surrey
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 3m (10ft)
- Evergreen - medium leaves 5-15cm (2-6in) long
- Tall Shrub - produces trusses of about 15 frilled, funnel-shaped flowers to 8cm (3in) long.
- Full Sun - shelter from strong winds
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5
Flower Colour -
Purple - Shades of purple/mauve/lilac/violet
- purplish blue with a purple-black basal mark inside.
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
(1 ltr - free c&p) £7.50
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought RHODODENDRON 'Purple Splendour' also bought these...