- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2017
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: False goatsbeard.
All are suitable for growing in wet or boggy areas. All flower JUL-SEPT
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - flowerheads fade to shades of brown giving winter interest.
- Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew and leaf spot possibly.
- Place of Origin - south eastern Asia, North America.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump- forming rhizomatous perennials. Grown for striking plumes of flowers, 18-35cm (7-14in) long.
- Full Sun
- Wet or boggy soil - moist, humus rich boggy site - for drier areas, grow in shade - avoid chalk and clay.