- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2017
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
ROBINIA pseudoacacia 'Frisia'
Commonly known as: Golden acacia, Golden locust.
Leaves golden yellow from spring to autumn.
Information - click to hide
- Courier Only - Due to the size of this plant it will be despatched by Courier. The rest of your order will also be sent by courier at the same time.
- Good to know - can be difficult to get established. Wildlife plant - nectar and pollen for insects.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - eastern USA
- Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
- Height - 15m (50ft)
- Spread - 8m (25ft)
- Deciduous - pinnate leaves to 30cm (12in) long have up to 23 lance-shaped or elliptic, blunt leaflets. Foliage turns from yellow-green in summer to orange-yellow in autumn.
- Tree - fast-growing, suckering tree with usually spiny shoots. Produces flowers 2cm (¾in) long in pendent racemes to 20cm (8in) long, followed by smooth, dark-brown seed pods 10cm (4in) long.
- Full Sun
- Scented flowers
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - will tolerate poorer dry soils but important to shelter from cold winds - branches brittle
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- Broadly columnar
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
EUCALYPTUS pauciflora subsp. niphophila
Available from £13.50
EUCRYPHIA x nymansensis 'Nymansay'
Available from £16.00
Chinese witch hazel
Available from £20.00
AZALEA - EVERGREEN 'Geisha Orange'
Available from £14.00