- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
Breaking News! - We have been awarded GOLD at Hampton Court Show
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Himalayan laurel, Japanese laurel.
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - very tolerant of full shade, salt winds, pollution, dry soils. Good for hedges and screens.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Himalayas to eastern Asia.
- Evergreen - dioecious shrubs - male and female plants required for berries. Exception is Rozannie which produces male and female flowers and a good quantity of berries.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Shade
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade - for best variegation
- No Preference - will not tolerate boggy or waterlogged soil.
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
Buy Varieties of AUCUBA
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00