- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers February 2017
- Feburary Sale
- Mother's Day Offers
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
AZALEA - EVERGREEN
Special Quotes for Larger Quantities
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - although prone to many pests and diseases, when grown well these shrubs are generally trouble-free. The pot azaleas seen at Christmas are Indica hybrids from central and southern China, developed in Belgium. Many evergreen azaleas are particularly effective planted in groups. They are surface-rooting and will not tolerate deep planting.
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevil, rhododendron and azalea whiteflies, leafhoppers, lacebugs, scale insects, caterpillars, aphids, powdery mildew, bud blast, honey fungus, rust, leafy gall, petal blight, silver leaf, phytophthora root rot, lime-induced chlorosis(if soil is not sufficiently acid).
- Place of Origin - Europe, Asia, Australasia, North America, particularly south western China, Tibet, Burma, northern India, New Guinea.
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun - shelter from strong early-morning sun.
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving - pH 4.5-5.5 is the ideal.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - leafy, humus-rich.
Buy Varieties of AZALEA - EVERGREEN
White, hose-in-hose shaped flower with frilly margins
White with pale lavender margins and a faint brown eye