- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers June 2017
- 30% off selected Cornus
- Summer Interest Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Rhodochiton atrosanguineum - 1 for £7.50 each saving £4.00
- Rhododendron Offer Any Selected for £15.00, Save £6.00. Further savings available.
- Viburnum 'Kilimanjaro Sunrise' 1 x small delivered for £20 saving £11
- Cordyline Offer, 1 for £10.00 - Save £4.50. Further savings available
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
AZALEA - EVERGREEN
Special Quotes for Larger Quantities
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - although prone to many pests and diseases, when grown well these shrubs are generally trouble-free. The pot azaleas seen at Christmas are Indica hybrids from central and southern China, developed in Belgium. Many evergreen azaleas are particularly effective planted in groups. They are surface-rooting and will not tolerate deep planting.
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevil, rhododendron and azalea whiteflies, leafhoppers, lacebugs, scale insects, caterpillars, aphids, powdery mildew, bud blast, honey fungus, rust, leafy gall, petal blight, silver leaf, phytophthora root rot, lime-induced chlorosis(if soil is not sufficiently acid).
- Place of Origin - Europe, Asia, Australasia, North America, particularly south western China, Tibet, Burma, northern India, New Guinea.
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun - shelter from strong early-morning sun.
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving - pH 4.5-5.5 is the ideal.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - leafy, humus-rich.
Buy Varieties of AZALEA - EVERGREEN
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow Ericoid mycorrhizal fungi
This specially adapted Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi will boost the growth of acid-loving plants like rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers and blueberries. It contains ericoid and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, which are found in poor acidic soils where ericaceous plants naturally grow.
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Ericaceous Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser
Specially developed organic concentrated seaweed feed for ericaceous plants that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™ Ericoid.
Slate Plant Labels
These wonderfully tactile natural slate plant labels are hand made in Cornwall and come with a chalk pen. Just stick them in your pot or border. Pack of 6.
Slate Tie-on Plant Labels
Hand made in Cornwall, these delightful natural slate labels are perfect for pots. Comes with chalk pen. Pack of 5
Quick and easy to use PH meter to test your soil. No batteries required.