- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Autumn Sale 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers September 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Sorry, but the plant you were looking for isn't available this year. Please try these alternatives.
Information - click to expand & read
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mite, scale insects, mealybugs under glass.
- Place of Origin - Australia
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Will grow outside in milder locations - This could include plants which would survive happily in a greenhouse or conservatory if not in a mild location. If you have a sheltered spot in your garden then it may do well here.
- Height - in metres - to 5m (15ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2.5m (8ft)
- Tall Shrub - or small tree with abundant, intense red flowers.
- Against a wall - an excellent plant for a sun-trap site.
- Full Sun
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Neutral to acid soil
Range of shrubs to small trees with bottlebrush-like flower spikes in shades of red, purple, pink, white, green or yellow.
Buy Varieties of CALLISTEMON
Crimson bottlebrush, Lemon bottlebrush
Lemon scented leaves and bright red flower spikes
Miniature habit, deep red flowers
Compact growing with deep scarlet flowers
The most vivid scarlet flowers
cream coloured flowers and narrow leaves
Hardy red bottlebrush which thrives in poor soils in full sun
White bottlebrush, Willow-leafed bottlebrush
One of the hardiest of the bottlebrushes with narrow willow-like leaves and pale yellow flowers
(pityoides) - This is the hardiest species with narrow leaves and pale yellow flowers in short spikes