News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CLEYERA japonica 'Tricolor'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CLEYERA japonica 'Tricolor' also bought these...
CLEYERA japonica 'Tricolor'
Young leaves tinged with pink maturing to green with creamy-white margins. Fragrant creamy-white flowers
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mite and mealy bugs if in greenhouse.
- Place of Origin - Japan, China, Korea.
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or googd microclimate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height and Spread - 2m (6ft)
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - bushy shrub. Bowl-shaped flowers 1.5cm (½in) across appear singly, or in threes, from the leaf axils. Small, red berries sometimes, turning black in autumn.
- Full Sun - shelter from cold winds.
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich.