- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Genus of about 30 species of evergreen succulents mainly with dense, spreading rosettes, originating in the Canary Islands, Cape Verde Islands, Madeira and northern and eastern Africa. Usually kept as cool glasshouse or conservatory subjects.
- Pests & Diseases - greenfly when flowering, mealybugs in autumn and winter.
- Place of Origin - Madeira, Cape Verde Islands, northern and eastern Africa.
- Evergreen - neat rosettes of fleshy leaves at the ends of branched, basal shoots.
- Succulent - often subshrubby.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - outdoors