News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy BALLOTA pseudodictamnus
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought BALLOTA pseudodictamnus also bought these...
False dittany, Shrubby horehound
Grey-green foliage, pink flowers
- Pests & Diseases - none
- Place of Origin - Europe, western Asia.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 45cm (18in)
- Spread - in metres - 60cm (24in)
- Evergreen - furry, yellowish grey-green leaves to 3cm (1¼in) long.
- Ground Cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil - mound-forming subshrub with sparsely branched, erect, woody-based stems. Produces 2-lipped flowers 1.5cm (½in) long with open, funnel-shaped, pale green calyces 2cm (¾in) wide.
- Full Sun
- well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil