- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Autumn Sale 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers September 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - syn. Arundinaria quadrangularis. Older canes become square in cross-section.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs on emerging shoots.
- Place of Origin - southeastern China, Taiwan.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)
- Spread - in metres - indefinite.
- Bamboo - vigorous, spreading, rhizomatous bamboo. Forms loose clumps of erect canes.
- Evergreen - lance-shaped, dark-green leaves 20cm (8in) long are produced from prominent cane nodes.
- Tall Shrub
- Against a wall - or other sheltered location.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
Rare species requiring shelter but which is highly invasive. New shoots can appear several feet from the old stems
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £13.50
BAMBOO Chusquea culeou
Available from £30.00
BAMBOO Fargesia nitida
Available from £19.00
Available from £17.50