News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis
Other Suggested Plants
BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis
rare species requiring shelter but which is highly invasive. New shoots can appear several feet from the old stems
- Good to know - syn. Arundinaria quadrangularis. Older canes become square in cross-section.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs on emerging shoots.
- Place of Origin - southeastern China, Taiwan.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)
- Bamboo - vigorous, spreading, rhizomatous bamboo. Forms loose clumps of erect canes.
- Evergreen - lance-shaped, dark-green leaves 20cm (8in) long are produced from prominent cane nodes.
- Tall Shrub
- Against a wall - or other sheltered location.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.