- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- All offers and promotions
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis
Rare species requiring shelter but which is highly invasive. New shoots can appear several feet from the old stems
Buy BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis
- Good to know - syn. Arundinaria quadrangularis. Older canes become square in cross-section.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs on emerging shoots.
- Place of Origin - southeastern China, Taiwan.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)
- Bamboo - vigorous, spreading, rhizomatous bamboo. Forms loose clumps of erect canes.
- Evergreen - lance-shaped, dark-green leaves 20cm (8in) long are produced from prominent cane nodes.
- Tall Shrub
- Against a wall - or other sheltered location.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis also bought these...