- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2017
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
BAMBOO Chimonobambusa quadrangularis
Commonly known as: Square-stemmed bamboo.
Rare species requiring shelter but which is highly invasive. New shoots can appear several feet from the old stems
|2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)|
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - syn. Arundinaria quadrangularis. Older canes become square in cross-section.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs on emerging shoots.
- Place of Origin - southeastern China, Taiwan.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - 2.5 - 3m (8-10ft)
- Spread - indefinite.
- Bamboo - vigorous, spreading, rhizomatous bamboo. Forms loose clumps of erect canes.
- Evergreen - lance-shaped, dark-green leaves 20cm (8in) long are produced from prominent cane nodes.
- Tall Shrub
- Against a wall - or other sheltered location.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
Items you may also need...
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £13.50
ACER davidii 'George Forrest'
Available from £25.00
Available from £17.00
ACER platanoides 'Princeton Gold'
Available from £45.00