- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers January 2017
- January Sale
- Valentine's Offers
- All offers and promotions
- Mahonia Soft Caress – Save £4 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Calycanthus Venus - Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Magnolia 'Sweet Valentine' - Save £11 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £6 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Magnolia 'Sweetheart' - Save £11 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Australian tea tree
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Australia (Tasmania).
- Height and Spread - to 2m (6ft)
- Evergreen - narrow-elliptic leaves to 2cm (¾in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - rounded shrub.
- Full Shade
- Partial Shade
- Neutral to acid soil - will tolerate a moist site with a low nutrient soil.
All flower APR-JUL. They can be grown successfully outdoors in most of the country providing they are planted in a hot, dry and very well sheltered location. If these conditions are not available, then they should be grown in pots or containers in an ericaceous compost and brought into the greenhouse for the winter