- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Winter Clearance Sale
- Winter Interest Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Save £5 on gift wrapped Gardenia jasminoides delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Buy Christmas Rose and save £5.50 inc gift wrap and c&p for £23.50, further savings on more plants see offer for details.
Available without giftwrap
- 100 daffodil bulbs for £21 saving £5.00
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Australian tea tree
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Australia (Tasmania).
- Height and Spread - to 2m (6ft)
- Evergreen - narrow-elliptic leaves to 2cm (¾in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - rounded shrub.
- Full Shade
- Partial Shade
- Neutral to acid soil - will tolerate a moist site with a low nutrient soil.
All flower APR-JUL. They can be grown successfully outdoors in most of the country providing they are planted in a hot, dry and very well sheltered location. If these conditions are not available, then they should be grown in pots or containers in an ericaceous compost and brought into the greenhouse for the winter