- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering
- All offers and promotions
- Save £3.50 when buying one CHITALPA tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn', inc C&P
- Save £4.50 when buying one Crinodendron patagua inc C&P
- Save £3.00 when buying one Maackia amurensis inc C&P
- Save £2.50 when buying one Hoheria Stardust inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one Eucryphia Gilt Edge inc C&P
- Save £3.50 when buying one Clethra alnifolia inc C&P
- Flowering & Top Sellers July 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Australian tea tree
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Australia (Tasmania).
- Height and Spread - to 2m (6ft)
- Evergreen - narrow-elliptic leaves to 2cm (¾in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - rounded shrub.
- Full Shade
- Partial Shade
- Neutral to acid soil - will tolerate a moist site with a low nutrient soil.
All flower APR-JUL. They can be grown successfully outdoors in most of the country providing they are planted in a hot, dry and very well sheltered location. If these conditions are not available, then they should be grown in pots or containers in an ericaceous compost and brought into the greenhouse for the winter