- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers May 2017
- Chelsea 2017 Pollinators Sale
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Dragon arum, Dragon-root.
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - related to the native Lords and Ladies (arum maculatum). Good for woodland setting.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, vine weevils.
- Place of Origin - Himalayas, China, Japan, North America.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Tuberous - or rhizomatous perennials. The hooded part is the spathe, the spike the spadix.
- Partial Shade - thrives in a cool, shady site.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil
- Caution, toxic if eaten, may cause skin allergy or irritant - These plants are toxic if eaten and may also cause a skin allergy, rash, irritation to eyes and skin.
Buy Varieties of ARISAEMA
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.