- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers February 2017
- Feburary Sale
- Mother's Day Offers
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Dragon arum, Dragon-root
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - related to the native Lords and Ladies (arum maculatum). Good for woodland setting.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, vine weevils.
- Place of Origin - Himalayas, China, Japan, North America.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Tuberous - or rhizomatous perennials. The hooded part is the spathe, the spike the spadix.
- Partial Shade - thrives in a cool, shady site.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to acid soil
- Caution, toxic if eaten, may cause skin allergy or irritant - These plants are toxic if eaten and may also cause a skin allergy, rash, irritation to eyes and skin.
Buy Varieties of ARISAEMA
Tuberous perennial with hooded, white striped and brown-tinged flowers