News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy ABELIA x grandiflora
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought ABELIA x grandiflora also bought these...
ABELIA x grandiflora
Dainty pale pink flowers
- Good to know - A. chinensis x A. uniflora.
- Pests & Diseases - none
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Spread - in metres - 4m (12ft)
- Evergreen - or semi- evergreen. Oval, glossy, dark-green leaves to 5cm (2in) long.
- Tall Shrub - vigorous, rounded shrub with arching branches. Produces funnel-shaped flowers in axillary cymes and terminal panicles. Flowers are 2cm (¾in) long with 2- to 5-lobed calyces.
- Full Sun - shelter from cold drying winds
- Scented flowers
- fertile well drained soil
A small compact form with narrow white-margined leaves
Dark green leaves with golden-yellow margin. Best grown in full sun
A sport of A.'Francis Mason' with golden variegated foliage which turns pink in autumn