News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy LIGULARIA przewalskii
Other Suggested Plants
Clump forming perennial with plamate lobed leaves. Dark green stems bear slender but dense racemes of yellow flowerheads
- Good to know - will naturalise in moist soil. Good as waterside plants. Shelter from strong winds to prevent flower stems breaking. Wildlife plant - insects, butterflies.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs and snails may damage emerging leaves.
- Place of Origin - northern China.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - to 2m (6ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Herbaceous - perennial. Leaves to 30cm (12in) long, deeply cut and irregularly toothed and lobed. produces slender, dense racemes of flowerheads 2cm (¾in) across.
- Full Sun - shelter from cold winds and provide a little shade from midday sun.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil