- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Winter Clearance Sale
- Winter Interest Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Save £6.00 on gift wrapped Stephanotis floribunda including c&p for £33.50, offer available without gift wrap
- Save £5 on gift wrapped Gardenia jasminoides delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Save £6 on a giftwrapped small Edgeworthia chrysantha delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Buy Christmas Rose and save £5.50 inc gift wrap and c&p for £23.50, further savings on more plants see offer for details.
Available without giftwrap
- Any medium sized Camellia with gift wrap and carriage/packing for £29.00 saving £8.00, available without gift wrap and further savings on more plants see offer for details.
- Save £15.50 on 1 gift wrapped Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' delivered for £65.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Save £5 on a gift wrapped Jasminum polyanthum delivered for £29.00, offer available without gift wrap
- 100 daffodil bulbs for £21 saving £5.00
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - syn. Jacobinia pauciflora, Justicia floribunda
- Pests & Diseases - under glass, red spider mites, whiteflies.
- Place of Origin - Brazil
- Heated greenhouse - subtropical - Can be grown outside in summer. Plant can withstand temperatures down to 10°C (50°F).
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions. - produces tubular flowers 2cm (¾in) long in nodding, axillary spikes.
- Evergreen - oblong to broadly oval, mid-green leaves to 2cm (¾in) long. One of each pair is smaller.
- Greenhouse or Conservatory - Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter - loam-based compost and bright, filtered light. Keep draught free.
(syn. Libonia floribunda) - soft downy stems and a rounded habit. This frost tender shrub has tubular yellow and scarlet flowers from autumn to late spring
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Other Suggested Plants
Available from £10.50
Juniper leaf, Prickly spider flower
Available from £15.00
Red banana passion flower
Available from £15.00
Available from £17.50