- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
(syn. Libonia floribunda) - soft downy stems and a rounded habit. This frost tender shrub has tubular yellow and scarlet flowers from autumn to late spring
Buy JUSTICIA rizzinii
- Good to know - syn. Jacobinia pauciflora, Justicia floribunda, J. rizzinii.
- Pests & Diseases - under glass, red spider mites, whiteflies.
- Place of Origin - Brazil
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or googd microclimate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions. - produces tubular flowers 2cm (¾in) long in nodding, axillary spikes.
- Evergreen - oblong to broadly oval, mid-green leaves to 2cm (¾in) long. One of each pair is smaller.
Greenhouse or Conservatory
- Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter
- loam-based compost and bright, filtered light. Keep draught free.
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought JUSTICIA rizzinii also bought these...