News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy PERSICARIA microcephala 'Red Dragon'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought PERSICARIA microcephala 'Red Dragon' also bought these...
PERSICARIA microcephala 'Red Dragon'
Tall and spreading variety with dramatic brownish-red leaves with black markings
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 75cm (30in)
- Spread - in metres - 50cm (20in)
- Ground Cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
- Herbaceous - graceful, vase-shaped habit. Long, heart-shaped leaves. Colour changes with the seasons. Silvery, metallic, chevron-shaped marking in spring. Forms a natural mound with sprays of tiny flowers.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Clay or heavy soil
- No Preference - any moist soil
- Wet or boggy soil
- Flower Colour - White