- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
PERSICARIA microcephala 'Red Dragon'
Tall and spreading variety with dramatic brownish-red leaves with black markings
Buy PERSICARIA microcephala 'Red Dragon'
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 75cm (30in)
- Spread - in metres - 50cm (20in)
- Ground Cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
- Herbaceous - graceful, vase-shaped habit. Long, heart-shaped leaves. Colour changes with the seasons. Silvery, metallic, chevron-shaped marking in spring. Forms a natural mound with sprays of tiny flowers.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Clay or heavy soil
- No Preference - any moist soil
- Wet or boggy soil
Flower Colour -
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought PERSICARIA microcephala 'Red Dragon' also bought these...