News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CAMELLIA 'Amabel Lansdell'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
CAMELLIA 'Amabel Lansdell'
Japonica. Pink semi-double, paeony form
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. USA. 1962.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - to 9m (28ft)
- Spread - in metres - to 8m (25ft)
- Evergreen - large, serrated leaves 10.5cm x 5.5cm (4¼ins x 2½ins)
- Tall Shrub - upright growing with blooms to 12.5cm (5ins) across and 6cm (2½ins) deep with 12-15 petals and varying petaloids
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Rounded to broadly columnar
- Flower Shape - Paeony - Mass mixed irregular petals, with or without stamens - variable in form Semi-double - Two rows of petals with conspicuous stamens - variable in form