News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy RHODODENDRON 'Hydon Velvet'
Other Suggested Plants
RHODODENDRON 'Hydon Velvet'
Pale pink flowers with striking indumentum on the underside of the leaves
- Good to know - ideal for small gardens and containers.
- Pests & Diseases - vine weevils, whiteflies, scale insects, caterpillars, aphids, honey fungus, powdery mildew, bud blast.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. UK. 1960. AF George, Godalming, Surrey.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 1.2m (4ft)
- Evergreen - striking cinnamon-coloured indumentum.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5