News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy BERBERIS wilsoniae
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought BERBERIS wilsoniae also bought these...
Grey-green leaves brownish red in autumn. Coral-red berries
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, powdery mildew.
- Place of Origin - western China (western Sichuan, Yunnan)
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (3ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - dense, mound-forming, very spiny shrub with spreading, arching branches. Produces short panicles of 4-7 small flowers followed by spherical, translucent fruit.
- Semi-evergreen - Keeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well. - oblong-spoon-shaped leaves to 2.5cm (1in) long.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- No Preference - any well-drained soil.