Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- January 2018
- January Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Rosmarinus officinalis 'Severn Sea' – 1 for £25.00 inc c&p and gift wrap saving £6.00
- Agapanthus Strawberry Ice delivered for £25.00 inc C&P & gift wrap saving £7.00
- Mahonia Soft Caress – Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Helleborus ‘Anna’s Red’ for £26 inc c&p & gift wrap saving £11.00
- Calycanthus Venus - Save £7 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
Commonly known as Elephant's ears, Megasea
Deep pink flowers, leaves reddish in winter
Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, caterpillars, vine weevil, leaf spot.
Place of Origin - garden origin.
Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Height - 30-45cm (12-18in)
Spread - 45-60cm (18-24in)
Evergreen - mid- to deep-green leaves 15-18cm (6-7in) long, red beneath, becoming copper-red in winter.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - clump- forming perennial. Produces bell-shaped flowers, 1.5-2.5cm (½-1in) long on red stems.
Full Sun - for best winter colour.
Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich
Herbaceous Plants - Video Collection
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
Harrod Horticulture Plant Supports - Plant & Border Supports
Link stakes plant supports are made from dark olive-green powder coated galvanised steel wire (up to 6mm thick), merge seemlessly into the background.
4 options from £28.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.