News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy BERGENIA 'Sunningdale'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought BERGENIA 'Sunningdale' also bought these...
Elephant's ears, Megasea
Deep pink flowers, leaves reddish in winter
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, caterpillars, vine weevil, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 30-45cm (12-18in)
- Spread - in metres - 45-60cm (18-24in)
- Evergreen - mid- to deep-green leaves 15-18cm (6-7in) long, red beneath, becoming copper-red in winter.
- Herbaceous - clump- forming perennial. Produces bell-shaped flowers, 1.5-2.5cm (½-1in) long on red stems.
- Full Sun - for best winter colour.
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus- rich