- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
Elephant's ears, Megasea
Deep pink flowers, leaves reddish in winter
Buy BERGENIA 'Sunningdale'
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, caterpillars, vine weevil, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin.
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 30-45cm (12-18in)
- Spread - in metres - 45-60cm (18-24in)
- Evergreen - mid- to deep-green leaves 15-18cm (6-7in) long, red beneath, becoming copper-red in winter.
- Herbaceous - clump- forming perennial. Produces bell-shaped flowers, 1.5-2.5cm (½-1in) long on red stems.
- Full Sun - for best winter colour.
- Partial Shade
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- humus- rich
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought BERGENIA 'Sunningdale' also bought these...