News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy BORONIA heterophylla
Other Suggested Plants
Deep cerise pink flowers in profusion. A most attractive greenhouse or conservatory plant
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mites under glass.
- Place of Origin - Australia.
- Tender - Cool or frost free greenhouse - Tolerant of low temperatures, but not surviving being frozen. Except in frost-free inner-city areas or coastal extremities requires glasshouse conditions. Plant can withstand temperatures down to 1°C (34°F)
- Height - in metres - 1.8m(6ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1.2m (4ft)
- Evergreen - narrow, lance-shaped, aromatic, bright-green leaves.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - attractive bell-shaped, sweetly scented flowers.
- Greenhouse or Conservatory - Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter - lime-free ericaceous potting, full light, shade from hot sun.
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers
- Scented foliage
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Neutral to acid soil