- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers February 2017
- Feburary Sale
- Mother's Day Offers
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
VIBURNUM plicatum 'Kilimanjaro Sunrise'
It is a striking structural shrub.
Clusters of soft white changing to pale pink lacecap flowers cover the plant from top to bottom in spring
Masses of deep red berries in summer turning glossy black as they ripen.
Once the berries have gone in late summer there follows a second light flowering.
In autumn the foliage attains its splendid red to purple shades
With an excellent upright habit allowing it to be easily trimmed lightly into a pyramid with horizontal layers like a wedding cake. Perfect for small spaces as the pyramid shape takes flower up vertically without robbing the light and attains app 2.5 m in height by app 1.5 m width after 10 years.
Suits sun or light shade, most soil types ph 5.6 to 7.5 and hardy to minus 18 degrees C.
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, viburnum beetle, honey fungus, leaf spot
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Netherlands.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - 3m (10ft)
- Spread - 2m (6½ft)
- Tall Shrub
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil